[BackpackGearTest] Application to test Cascade Design water filter

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      My name is James Triplett and I would like to apply for the beta test of
      the Cascade Design water filter.

      1) Use a microfilter or purifier as their main source of water filtration.

      I agree to use a microfilter or purifier as my main source of water
      filtration while packing/camping.

      2) Participating in an outdoor activity (i.e.. backpacking,
      mountaineering,paddling) where you will need to filter water for day or
      overnight use.

      I will be taking at least one weekend camping / hiking trip in April
      (probably two) and agree to use the filter on those trips, as well as any
      day-hikes I do during the testing time frame.

      3) Available to field test during April 6th through April 29th.

      The above mentioned trips will be during the test period.

      4) Have not participated in any field testing with Cascade Designs or MSR
      in the last year.

      I have never tested (or used) any Cascade Designs or MSR products.

      5) Due to time constraints, testing will only be available to those in the
      US.

      I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.

      6) Willing to complete a testing application and confidentiality agreement.

      I am willing to complete a testing application and confidentiality
      agreement.

      Personal biographical information:
      Name: James Triplett
      Age: 42 yrs
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6'2"
      Weight: 192 lbs.
      eMail: jetriple@...
      Residence: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
      Date: 4/1/2002

      Backpacking background & Field information:
      I grew up going on camping vacations with my folks, always during the
      summer when we would head into Canada or the Rocky Mountains, or other
      cooler areas to avoid the mid-west heat. Most of my packing experience came
      in college on the trails and bluffs in Southern Illinois. That ultimately
      led to hiking the lower third of the Appalachian Trail with a college
      friend.
      Currently, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa where I am testing my gear with
      hikes in the wooded areas around my house and the hilly trails in the
      nearby parks in Eastern Iowa. The environment is mostly wooded areas with
      dirt trails, and some areas of fairly steep terrain. I would be testing
      the CD Water Filter on weekend hikes and day hikes in nearby parks and
      along the Cedar River and Indian Creek.