Application to test Cascade Design's water filter

  • traildood
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      Application to Test CD Water Filter

      1) Use a microfilter or purifier as their main source of water
      filtration.

      I agree to use a microfilter or purifier as my main source of water
      filtration.

      2) Participating in an outdoor activity (i.e.. backpacking,
      mountaineering,paddling) where you will need to filter water for day
      or overnight use.

      I will need to filter my water when I go backpacking in the Oregon
      Cascades later this month.

      3) Available to field test during April 6th through April 29th.

      I will be camping overnight in the Oregon Cascases between these
      dates.

      4) Have not participated in any field testing with Cascade Designs or
      MSR in the last year.

      I have not participated in any field testing with Cascade Designs or
      MSR in the last year.

      5) Due to time constraints, testing will only be available to those in
      the US.

      I live in Oregon, USA.

      6) Willing to complete a testing application and confidentiality
      agreement.

      I am willing to complete a testing application and confidentiality
      agreement.

      Backpacking Background:
      Long ago, when I was a Boy Scout living in Georgia, our Troop made
      several backpacking and canoeing trips around Georgia and to the
      Okefenokee swamps (remember Walt Kelly's Pogo strip?) of Florida. Ah,
      now that was an experience, not knowing whether I would become an
      alligator's midnight snack! After my Dad (Air Force) was transferred
      from Georgia, I lost the backpacking/camping spirit. Since then,
      having two sons in Boy Scouts has renewed my love of the outdoors.
      Since my oldest, a 15-year-old Star Scout, became involved in Scouting
      ten years ago I have enjoyed campouts and backpacking trips, either
      with the Troop or with the family, throughout Oregon, almost to the
      point that it has become an obsession with me. My wife and daughter
      also enjoy camping, but not to the degree that my sons and I do. We
      prefer backpacking - they prefer the comforts of a State Park
      campground with running water and warm showers. We live in the wine
      country of the Willamette Valley of Oregon, just between the Coastal
      Range and the Cascade Range. My pack is still too heavy, even after
      all that I've learned from this group. But I am making progress!

      Jay