Application for BirdiePal Junior

  • Aushiker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002

      Dear Jerry

      I would like to apply to be one of the Birdiepal Junior testers. I have
      read the requirements for being a tester and the reporting requirements and
      I AGREE to comply. Thanks for the opportunity to apply for this test.

      Personal Biographical Information

      Name: Andrew Priest
      Age: 42
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 11" (178 cms)
      Weight: 242 lbs (110 kgs)
      Email: apriest@...
      City: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
      Date: March 18, 2002

      Backpacking Background:

      I have been hiking in Western Australia for approximately three years. The
      first year consisted of regular day hikes on tracks in the Perth region
      including the Walyunga, John Forest and Serpentine National Parks. For the
      past two years I have been regularly walking with the Perth Bushwalkers
      Club on various hikes which have ranged from all on-track to all off-track
      day hikes, again in the Perth region. In 2001 I began leading day walks for
      the club (mixture of off and on track hikes) and started going on my own
      overnight hikes including an eight day hike on the Bibbulmun Track. In 2002
      I am taking a more active role in the Perth Bushwalkers Club including
      leading an increased number of day hikes and my first overnight hike which
      will be both on and off track. I also regularly walk on the tracks in the
      largest native bush area within Perth, Bold Park.

      Field Information

      If I am accepted as a tester, I would test them on hikes undertaken in the
      South West of Western Australia and as well as on my regularly walks from
      home to work and return

      It terms of hikes, I have a number of weekend and longer hikes coming up
      over the next six months during winter here in Western Australia. As the
      testing will take place through winter the umbrella will be WELL exposed to
      being used in wet conditions. The backpacks (range from 2 day to 8 days) in
      varying conditions from sandy tracks, to forestry roads, to beach walking,
      to single purpose walking trails. Elevation ranges from 0 feet to 1 920 feet

      In addition I walk to and from work at least three days a week where the
      umbrella will be well tested as we are just entering Fall and Winter here
      down under.

      I believe that with my regular walking and planned backpacks, that I am in
      a position to extensively test the Birdiepal Junior.

      Reports Previously Completed & Uploaded

      Owner's Reviews (latest only):

      January 26, 2001: Map Mate Digital Map Measurer -

      Backpacker Gear Test Reports (latest only):

      February 14, 2001: Duray Socks - 1st & 2nd Reports Combined

      Thank you