Hennessy epiphany

  • cerddwr
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 10:31 PM
      I had an idea today, and before I try it, I wanted to see if anyone
      else had tried it. In an attemt to address the cold issue, I am
      making a pad from a space blanket and a layer of fleece. Given that I
      use a GVP G4, and so carry a Z-Rest anyway, I am also going to
      provide a pocket for the Z-Rest. However, I have heard that one
      problem with the homemade sleep pad is the tendency to slide around.
      This is certainly true with the Z-Rest. My thought is to put some
      quarter sized dollops of silicon glue (McNett Seam Grip) on the space
      blanket side. These patches of silicon would grip the fabric and keep
      the pad from moving around. If I can't get it to stick to the mylar,
      I might sew a layer of 1.1 oz silnylon on the down side. This would
      then make the sleeping pad a water resistent ground cloth when using
      the HH above the tree line with hiking poles, as well as protecting
      the mylar.
      So, has anyone tried this, or am I the guinea pig?

      Regards, and good night,
      Gordon
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        Gordon,

        I've heard of people doing this to the hammock itself.
        I've never had sliding problems with a wide enough
        pad, so I haven't attempted it. Sounds good though.
        -Rob

        My thought

        http://greetings.yahoo.com/