82826Application - Brunton Torpedo - Dawn Larsen

  • vicioushillbilly
    Jun 12, 2014

      Hiyah Richard!

      I’ve had a…um…how do I put this…”challenging” last sixish months. I’m sort of back, but probably not able to backpack much this summer so I thought this might be something I could test on day hikes and at Burning Man.  So, please accept my application to test the Brunton Topedo 2800. My test agreement was mailed 2 July 2008. I agree to comply with all the report requirements including Chapter 5 found in the BackpackGearTest. org bylaws v. 0609, which I most recently read on 5 May 2013.

      Name: Dawn Larsen

      Age: 53

      Gender: female

      Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)

      Weight: 165 lb (75 kg)

      Email address: vicioushillbilly AT gmail DOT com

      Florence, South Carolina USA

      Date: 12 June 2014

      Backpacking Background:

      I used to backpack in college a zillion years ago and just in the last several years have backpacked some private trails in Tennessee, Missouri and most South Carolina. I have been an avid car-camper for thirteen years and I have kayak/canoe camped for six years, both in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. I use a lot of the same equipment for both. I hike hilly/rocky trails especially in Missouri (my home state) and Arkansas. I live in South Carolina and am busy checking out the terrain here with my twenty-one year-old son.

      Test Plan

      I would love to test this thing at Burning Man in August.  Burning Man is a giant week-long social experiment in the Black Rock desert of Nevada. I will have access to plug in power and a car charger. (Though our cars remain parked for a week, it is best to start them every couple of days).  I will have to power cameras and an iPhone that I own. Too, I would like to see how the unit performs with the dust issue at Burning Man (it gets in everything and is very caustic).  I would also like to test this when car camping and day hiking this summer in Missouri and Arkansas.  I sometimes take my iPad to car camp and would like to see if it could charge it. Besides charging capabilities, I would test for durability and if it functions like it is advertised.

      Tester Status page can be found at: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1845.htm

      Previously Written Reports can be found at:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/vicioushillbilly

      Current tests:  none

      NO applications out.

      Other duties: Social Media editor (new) Test manager (but not for the last six months)

      Thank you for considering this application and thanks to Brunton for providing the Torpedo 2800 for testing – Dawn Larsen.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic