82726Edit - Cascade Designs SealLine 10 - Duane Lawrence

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Apr 8, 2014

      Duane,

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org, and thanks for your Owner Review. I’ll be your editor. This is a good start at a first OR, and I look forward to working with you to get it ready for posting.

      My edits below are in standard BGT format:

      EDIT (all caps) – required change

      Edit (initial cap) – suggested change or request for clarification

      Comment – just that, no change required

      After revising you need to do two things. Post the html version of the Report in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder on BackpackGearTest.org, and post the plain text version here, with "Repost," the product name, and your name in the subject line, and with a tinyurl link to the html version in the body of your message.

      Cheers, Richard Lyon

      BGT Editor

       General EDIT: The first and last parts of your Review are in a different font than the rest. Please choose one or the other.

      ### CASCADE DESIGNS - SEAL LINE SEE 10 DRY BAG ###

      EDIT: SEALLINE [one word. That’s the trademarked name. I think you got it right in the body of your Review, but do check. When not all caps it’s “SealLine,” with a capital L.]

      ###Manufacturer's URL:     http://www.cascadedesigns.com###
      EDIT: This needs to be clickable.

      ###The SealLine dry bags are a heavy duty dry bags ###
      Edit: heavy-duty [with a hyphen]

      ### The SealLine SEE 10 is made of clear 16 oz/yrd2 (379g/m2) vinyl sidewalls with a black 19 oz/yrd2 (450g/m2) vinyl  scrim (polyester mesh) reinforced bottom.  ###
      EDIT: Fabric or material weight need not be converted. OK to drop the metric in both places.

      ### The top opening is 8 in (20 cm).  The bag is 21 in (53 cm) in height  when unsealed and 14 in (36 cm) in height when closed. ###

      EDIT: Delete the extra space after the first “height.”

      ### It uses a Dry Seal roll top closure system with a D-rink attachment point used for lashing the dry bag securely.  ###

      EDIT: D-ring

      ###All seams are heat sealed creating water tight seams.###
      Edit: Here and in several other places, consider making it “watertight,” one word.

      ###Conveniently located instructions on the role top clearly indicate the number of times users must fold over the top in order to create a water tight seal.  ###
      EDIT: In many places in this Review you use “role” [something an actress takes on] instead of “roll.” Check your Review thoroughly for these. As “role” is a genuine English word, most spell-checkers won’t catch it.

      ### Trips have included multi-day trips on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, during  a 10-day paddling trip###
      EDIT: Delete the extra space after “during.”

      ###have endured everything from light showers to heavy downpours, light snow and frost, too hot summer days 30 C (86 F) plus.###
      Edit: too-hot [with a hyphen]

      ### I have used more roles in order to compact the bag down a little more when the bag is not completely filled and the seal remains in tacked. ###
      EDIT: remains intact

      ###I found with this bag is the vinyl is somewhat sticky and takes a little bit to open after being stored. ###
      EDIT: a little bit of effort to open

      ### I also found that as it is water tight it’s also air tight to a certain degree, ###
      Edit: Like “watertight,” “airtight” [one word] is more common. Again, check your entire Review for this.

      ###Although great for keeping gear dry it is quite heavy and cumbersome for back packing.###

      EDIT: Here at BGT “backpacking” is definitely one word.

      ###I have made sure to rinse in the in fresh water once I have returned from my trip ###
      EDIT: rinse it in fresh water

      ###For any type of trip where I am on the water, weather heading out on a multi-day ocean kayaking trip or a day trip on the river,###
      EDIT: whether heading out [Another one a spell-checker will miss.]