82689Re: [BackpackGearTest] Edit/Approval - Bis Agnes Fly Creek UL1 - Marina Batzke

  • Marina Batzke
    Mar 4, 2014
      Richard, sorry for the mix-up.  I must have mixed up my ORs and just asked you my Big Agnes Fly Creek questions under the Sno-Seal OR.
      Marina

      On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:37 AM, "montana.angler@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

      Marina,

      Excellent OR, well worth a brownie point. I found your description of pitching the tent as detailed yet as understandable as any I’ve seen on the site, and your photos really aid a reader. Glad you're on our roster; keep the Reviews coming.

      A few edits, in the standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format. After revising you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/lgwzsgp

      Cheers, Richard
      ###with some newly acquired light weight gear ###
      Edit: lightweight [one word]

      ###Year of Manufacture:   2013###
      Edit: Consider “Year of Purchase”
      EDIT: I think you may have an extra space after the colon.

      ###Listed Fast Fly Weight includes the poles, tent fly and accessory Fast Fly footprint:  1 lb 6 oz (624 g)
      Measured Fast Fly Weight: 1 lb 10 oz (737 g) with the Fairview footprint###
      Edit: Consider some kind of link to the text portion where you explain the two ground sheets. Such as “See below”

      ###Measured Floor Dimensions: 86 in (218 cm) length x 42 in (107 cm) entrance area width receeding down to 30 in (76 cm) foot area###
      EDIT: receding [spelling]

      ### hubpole Nylon bag = 0.3 oz (9 g)###
      Edit: No need to capitalize “Nylon” Here and one or two other places.

      ###Elevation: 2600 ft (790 m)###
      Edit: All your Imperial elevations are estimated, so consider rounding off the metric ones too. Here, 800 m.

      ###I chose the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 after extensively researching ultra-light 1-person tents and their pricing on the market.###
      Edit: Here you hyphenate “ultra-light;” above it’s one word. I recommend consistency.

      ###so I prefered the Fly Creek UL1 with mesh ###
      EDIT: preferred [spelling]

      ###I then insert the tent body's ceiling H clip into the hubpole system S-stopper.###
      Edit: Another consistency suggestion: H-clip (as you have S-stopper in the same sentence)

      ###Majority of my trips so far, I have not used all stakes for tent body and rainfly.  ###
      EDIT: On a majority of my trips

      ###The Fly Creek UL1 did not come with a footprint, yet after some research I noticed that the footprint for the discontinued Big Agnes Fairview 1 tent has virtually the same dimensions as for the Fly Creek UL1. So I got a well fitting footprint for less than $10 on sale, versus $50 for the original UL1 foot print.
      EDIT: Delete the reference to what you paid. BGT doesn’t allow inclusion of actual retail prices, actual or otherwise. Maybe “So I got a well fitting footprint at a big discount.”

      ###While Big Agnes lists the fast fly weight (footprint, rainfly, hubpole) for lowest trail weight, I always take the tent body along for protection against bugs, rodents and adverse weather.###
      Comment: Smart move. My biggest fear is reptiles.

      ###To be ultra-light weight, the tent scimps on interior storage conveniences ###
      EDIT: Either “skimps” or “scrimps.” [Spelling]

      ###And I have enough available floor space inside my tent to also take my hiking boots inside overnight (placing them on a plastic bag) to avoid any animals from crawling into my boots.###
      Comment: Another smart move. The little critters will nibble your boots too.

      ###It seems that my 2013 edition tent is therefore on sale on a few websites for much less than $300.###
      EDIT: As above, delete the retail price. Maybe “I have seen my 2013 edition tent on sale on a few websites for much less than the MSRP.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic