      From: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of richardglyon@...
      Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 7:49 AM
      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Comment: OR - CLIF Bar Holiday 2013 - Kathy Waters

      Clif's seasonal bars are a great marketing gimmick. Like Kathy I make an annual pilgrimage to REI for the gingerbread, which until recently was my favorite. Another limited addition, the Panforte bar, displaced gingerbread. When I inquired of Clif when the Panforte would next be available I was told "at some point." So now I have to check in other seasons too. Very clever.

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <geartest@...> wrote:
      > Hi Kathy,
      > Whaddaya mean you don't eat only Clif bars instead of real meals? :) And I have to travel all the way up valley to BV to get those seasonal varietals!
      > Two comments, if I may: Under MINOR DISTRACTIONS you mentioned "1.) Limited seasonal supply."
      > I guess I'd see that as a good thing: that is, different flavors available only some times during the year to break up all the usual ones. Also, with respect to opening the package, at the top edge is a small arrow and the words "Tear Here" - I find that it almost always comes apart easily from that point.
      > The next time I see that wild woman on the trail ripping open the Clif package with her teeth I'll know it's you!
      > Happing munching,
      > ~Bob Dorenfeld
      > ---In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com, <kathy@> wrote:

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic