81985Edit/Approval - Therm-a-Rest Altair- Ray Estrella

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Feb 21, 2013
      Ray,

      Interesting idea in this bag, though I doubt that Cascade Designs will up the fill weight. Already expensive by their standards. A few edits, in the usual format. Upload to http://tinyurl.com/anmxeca after revising.

      Cheers, Richard

      ### Packed size listed: 8 x 18 in (20 x 46 cm)
      Actual packed size: 8.3 diameter x 16.5 in (21 x 42 cm) ###
      Edit: I'd use the explanatory language (diameter) in the first rather than the second line.

      ### The lining is made of grey 30 denier nylon. It is a bit stiffer and course feeling than I am used to seeing used for linings.###
      Edit: course-feeling {with a hyphen] or (in my opinion better) courser
      Edit: used to feeling

      ### Only 15% of the down is placed in the bottom/back of the bag, but this is in the oval right where the pad sits only. ###
      Edit: Not sure what you're saying here. "where only the pad sits" [??]

      ### Five were on the Red River on private property north of Halstad, MN, ###
      EDIT: Halsted, Minnesota

      ### Here is a picture of my camp site in Paul Bunyan State Forest.###
      Edit: campsite [one word]

      ### so I have always taken a bag rated to the next coldest temperature of what I expect to see.###
      EDIT: next colder

      ### Of course any pad with a high r-value will work too. ###
      EDIT: should work too [otherwise it's projection]

      ### As I mentioned before when it got down around 0 F I was feeling cold. ###
      EDIT: 0 F (-18 C)