81889Fw: OWNER REVIEW (OSPREY 70 liter backpack)

  • Adam Albertson
    Jan 8, 2013
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Adam Albertson <outdoorsman719@...>
      To: "BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com" <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:49 PM
      Subject: OWNER REVIEW (OSPREY 70 liter backpack)

      OSPREY PACKS INC. (AETHER 70LITER BACKPACK )
      BY ADAM ALBERTSON
      OR
      December 20, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Adam Albertson
      EMAIL: Outdoorsman719@...
      AGE: 31
      LOCATION: Canon City Colorado U.S.A
      GENDER: m
      HEIGHT: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
      WEIGHT: 180 lb (81.60 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I have been an avid Backpacker for 7years. My trips range from day hikes to week long trips.I backpack 12 months out of the year in all weather conditions.  I prefer extended trips into the Colorado high country during the summer and lower altitude Colorado Desert  trips in the winter. I have also done trips in Montana, Idaho,Washington and Utah. My day hikes consist of peak bagging or  rough,steep bushwacks .  I consider myself to be an ultra light
      Backpacker that makes additional sacrifices for comfort.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: OSPREY  PACKS INC.
      Year of Manufacture: 2011
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://WWW.ospreypacks.com">>
      MSRP: US$299
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE1">>
      Listed Weight:
      cu. in.     liter     lbs/oz     kg.
      S     4089     67     4/11     2.14
      M     4272     70     4/15     2.23
      L     4455     73     5/2     2.33
      XL     4638     76     5/2     2.33
      Measured Weight: Size L??5lbs 2 oz (2.33kg)
      Other details:Convertible Top Pocket - Lumbar Pack
      Hydration
      Compatible
      InsideOut™ Compression
      J-Panel access
      Red Internal Compression Strap
      Sleeping Pad Straps
      Tool Attachment

      FIELD USE

      I have used this backpack for a year. I have used it for approx.25 backpacking trips
      On my third trip i broke a main buckle that holds the lid closed to the pack. The osprey company gladly replaced it for me and i was back on the trail.The company went as far as replacing the buckles with ones from a different model at my request.
      I carry a load  of 30-45 Lbs (13-22Kg) for a 3-5 day trip.I have carried this pack approx.350mi (564km)
      The terrain i travel with this pack is usually rough steep and rocky trails

      SUMMARY

      This pack has become my "go to" pack when it comes to  multi day trips
      I use the detachable lid as a lumbar pack on day hikes and accents.The lid has enough room for a liter of water,food and my rain gear.This pack is
      extremely comfortable when carrying a heavy load.
      This pack has a lot of compression straps for load adjustment.
      4+ main compartments provide organization of your gear
      Include a brief summary here.

      THINGS I LIKE

      I like the 70 liter model,It provides enough space for my winter gear.It provides more than enough space for my summer gear.
      This pack has gear loops and external straps for securing gear to the outside of the pack.
      The convertible lid hip pack is very useful .
      The fabric on the OSPREY Aether is very durable and puncture resistant.
      OSPREY PACKS inc. has a great warranty and customer service.

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      My only complaint is the buckles have a poor design and are very thin .I broke a buckle on this pack after three uses.

      SIGNATURE

      Adam Albertson
      OUTDOORSMAN719@...

      This report was created with