81860EDIT/approval: OR - Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pants - Alex Legg

  • Michael
    Jan 1, 2013
      Hi Alex and welcome back.

      Here are your edits in the usual format...
      EDIT - must change
      edit - my recommended change "if" you agree
      comment - just that.

      There are a few here, so just take them one at a time.

      comment - I like your photos and your HTML looks good.

      EDIT – please add credit for using the manufacturer's image

      "Materials: Omni-Shade main Body (100% nylon Silver Ridge ripstop; Omni-Wick Mesh Panels (57%recycled polyester/43% polyester mesh
      Size Reviewed: 36 Waist / 34 Legnth"
      EDITS – There are a few in this section – "Body" does not need to be capitalized; Add a space between 57% and recycled; and spelling of "length"

      "The Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pants are a lightweight, fast wicking hiking pant that can convert into shorts with the simple pull of a zipper. They are made…"
      EDIT – Remove the "a" and change pant to pants to maintain consistency in the sentences. "The Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pants are lightweight, fast wicking hiking pants that can convert into shorts with the simple pull of a zipper. They are made…"

      "They are made from a strong feeling ripstop fabric that is slightly corse when I touch it."
      EDIT – spelling of "coarse"

      "The paints come with an attached nylon belt that is very user friendly in my opinion."
      EDIT – replace "paints" with "pants"

      "The two cargo pockets are made of the ripstop material that the main body of the paints is made from."
      EDIT – replace "paints" with "pants"

      "The right cargo pocket is accessed by a flap that closes with the aide of one hook-and-loop patch."
      EDIT – Remove the "e" from "aide" so that it reads "with the aid of one hook-and-loop patch."

      "They came along…" "They experienced…" "The pants also ventured…" "The pants have also done numerous desert hikes…"
      Comment – You refer to the pants as if they have done these things by themselves, or of their choosing – without you. Just a style thing probably, but I think it reads better if you write about your experiences as the reader understands that you were probably wearing the pants while accomplishing the trips you talk about.

      "The elevation was…" The temperature ranged from…"
      edit – I would prefer to see consistency in these throughout your report. In some cases, you use "elevation" and "temperature" while in others, you say "temperatures ranged from…", etc. My recommended idea would be "The elevations ranged from…" and "The temperatures ranged from…"

      "The pants have done numerous desert hikes around Tucson, Arizona with temperatures ranging from 85 F to 105 F (29 C to 41 C) and elevation from 2,500 ft to 2,700 ft (762 m to 823 m)."
      edit – you rounded off the elevations 2,500 ft to 2,700 ft, so you can/probably should also round off the metric elevations as well

      "The Silver Ridge Pants have performed great! They have become my go to warm weather pants for hiking and around town."
      EDIT – "go-to" with a hyphen.

      "One opens with a flap making it ideal for storing items that i will want…"
      EDIT – capitalize "I"

      "The fabric has also held up to a few bushwhacking moments where I was literally engulfed in thorns and branches, as well as times when I had to slide down an incline on my back side. "
      EDIT – "backside" one word

      "They are nice enough to wear around town as well, so they have pretty much became an everyday item for me."
      EDIT – replace "became" with "become"

      "I also think that the price is fair in comparison to other outdoor companies similar products."
      Replace "companies" with "company's" to show possession

      So go ahead and upload when you're ready. I'll double-check as well, but I think it'll be fine and please remember to delete your test file copy.
      Have a great New Year!
      Mike Mosack

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alexlegg2@...> wrote:

      > Hello OR editors, it's been a while since I have been here. Life has been busy lately. Here is an OR of some hiking pants I own. Thank you in advance for your time and edits! HTML at:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/bj3kv63
      >

      > Columbia Men's Silver Ridge Convertible Pant
      > Owner Review by Alex Legg
      > December 13th, 2012
      >
      > Reviewer Information:
      > Name:  Alex Legg
      > Age:  30
      > Gender:  Male
      > Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      > Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      > Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      > City, State, Country:  Tucson, Arizona, USA
      >
      > I grew up backpacking in the Rockies.   I hike ranges throughout Arizona and Colorado year round.  I carry a light pack, mostly water.  I prefer a tarp shelter to my heavier 2-person tent.  I do many day hikes and I also spend as many as 5 days out at a time.  Temperatures range from below freezing to above 100 F (38 C), and elevations from 2,000 ft to 14,000 ft (610 m to 4,300 m).  I bag a mountain almost every weekend, and I walk my dogs 4 miles daily through deep sand and overgrown mesquite trees in our local washes.
      >
      > Product Information and Specifications:
      >
      > Manufacturer: Columbia Sportswear Company
      > Year of Manufacture: 2012
      > Listed Weight: Not Listed
      > Measured Weight: 12.5 oz (354 g)
      > Materials: Omni-Shade main Body (100% nylon Silver Ridge ripstop; Omni-Wick Mesh Panels (57%recycled polyester/43% polyester mesh
      > Size Reviewed: 36 Waist / 34 Legnth
      > Color Reviewed: Tusk
      > MSRP: $60.00 US Dollars
      >
      > Product Description:
      >
      > The Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pants are a lightweight, fast wicking hiking pant that can convert into shorts with the simple pull of a zipper. They are made from a strong feeling ripstop fabric that is slightly corse when I touch it. The paints come with an attached nylon belt that is very user friendly in my opinion. The Columbia logo is stamped into the plastic buckle of the belt as well as stitched into the corner of the bottom left leg of the pants.
      >
      > These pants are equipped with two hip pockets, two cargo pockets, and to rear pockets. Both the rear and the hip pockets are made of a lightweight mesh material that makes them very breathable and allows them to dry quickly. The two cargo pockets are made of the ripstop material that the main body of the paints is made from. The left cargo pocket is accessed by a small zipper. When opened, the pocket has about a 4 in (10 cm) opening that seems adequate to me. The right cargo pocket is accessed by a flap that closes with the aide of one hook-and-loop patch. The opening on the right pocket is of similar size and volume to the left pocket.

> [...]
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic