      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: November 20, 2012

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience.
      Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout
      the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in
      mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of
      summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski
      touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and
      overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple
      to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      This 800-fill down looks like a decent insulative
      layer for winter camping. I have plans for some overnight ski-touring excursions
      once the snow settles into the South Canadian Rockies. Temperatures will be
      well below 0 C overnight in the mountains and I will have no problem meeting
      the minimum 5 night requirement. I anticipate lots of outdoor winter activity
      where I can put this jacket to the test: snow-shoeing, x-country skiing and snowmobiling,
      but mainly backcountry alpine ski-touring.  I would be testing this jacket for warmth,
      fit, comfort, durability and performance as a mid-layer under a shell and as an
      outer-layer. I can see it has a few comfort design features with the zippers
      and collar, which I’d like to experience, same with the DWR finished fabric for
      drizzle and I wonder how lightweight and condensed it will be for packing
      around.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 4 - they can be viewed on my tester
      Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Current Tests: High Sierra Titan 65L Pack – FR just
      completed Nov 13/12
      Completed Tests can be viewed on my tester page with
      the link above and my Tester Status Page is here: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      Outstanding Applications: Montbell Highlander Down
      Jacket

      I have no other BGT roles. Thank you for considering
      my application,

      Theresa Lawrence
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic