81427Re: Member Comment - OR - Snow Peak Giga Stainless Steel Stove - Lori Pontious

  • Ray
    Jun 6, 2012
      Yeah, I am sure something was lost in translation from Japanese to English.

      What is funnier is that Snow Peak says it has "four trivets" which would be a total of 12 legs... ;-)

      Ray

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

      > Lori and Ray,
      >
      > Definitely in the style category, and so up to Lori, but you might indicate that Snow Peak calls the pot supports "trivets," in case a reader is confused by the manufacturer's odd choice of word.
      >
      > Cheers, Richard
      >
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Lori <lori.pontious@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Ray,
      > >
      > > I referred to them as trivets because the Snow Peak website does,
      > > but, I agree with you - a trivet in a kitchen is a different thing.
      > >
      > > All done editing - uploaded and deleted from the test folder.
      > >
      > > Thank you for catching my goofs - not sure how I forgot "righty-
      > > tighty, lefty loosy".
      > >
      > > Lori
      > >
      > > On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Ray wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi Lori,
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for the Owner Review. I have a few edits for you, after
      > > > which you may place the corrected review at:
      > > >
      > > > Reviews > Cook Gear > Stoves > Snow Peak GigaPower GS-100
      > > >
      > > > Ray
      > > >
      > > > *** The stove has four trivets that provide support for the pot.
      > > > The trivets have notches to reduce slippage.
      > > >
      > > > EDIT: I would call them pot supports. A trivet is a stand-alone
      > > > device that holds a pot over a fire (in the outdoor sense, in a
      > > > kitchen a trivet is a bit different), please look for all instances.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic