81426Member Comment - OR - Snow Peak Giga Stainless Steel Stove - Lori Pontious

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Jun 6, 2012
      Lori and Ray,

      Definitely in the style category, and so up to Lori, but you might indicate that Snow Peak calls the pot supports "trivets," in case a reader is confused by the manufacturer's odd choice of word.

      Cheers, Richard

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Lori <lori.pontious@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ray,
      >
      > I referred to them as trivets because the Snow Peak website does,
      > but, I agree with you - a trivet in a kitchen is a different thing.
      >
      > All done editing - uploaded and deleted from the test folder.
      >
      > Thank you for catching my goofs - not sure how I forgot "righty-
      > tighty, lefty loosy".
      >
      > Lori
      >
      > On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Ray wrote:
      >

      > > Hi Lori,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the Owner Review. I have a few edits for you, after
      > > which you may place the corrected review at:
      > >
      > > Reviews > Cook Gear > Stoves > Snow Peak GigaPower GS-100
      > >
      > > Ray
      > >
      > > *** The stove has four trivets that provide support for the pot.
      > > The trivets have notches to reduce slippage.
      > >
      > > EDIT: I would call them pot supports. A trivet is a stand-alone
      > > device that holds a pot over a fire (in the outdoor sense, in a
      > > kitchen a trivet is a bit different), please look for all instances.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic