80999Re: Member comment/edit - OR - Seirus Thermax Headliner Junior - Jamie DeBenedetto

    Mar 2, 2012
      Hi Justin,

      Thanks for the catch. Yes, I did mean the number two.

      As an FYI, the general protocol we take regarding the editing of ORs is to allow the editor who picks the OR out of the edit queue the first crack. Then after they have posted their edits, any member can jump in if they notice something the editor missed. This makes the process a bit less complicated and doesn't scare off the newbies. :)

      Clearly you have an eye for this sort of thing. It might interest you to know that once you have completed the OR process and finished one full test series you are eligible to volunteer as a test monitor. These folks are vital to the operations of the site, essentially acting as editors for what ever test series they have been assigned. Keep it in mind as you grow more familiar with the inner working of BGT.

      Safe hiking,
      Jamie D
      Editors Team Director

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "justpottsy" <justpottsy@...> wrote:

      > Jamie D,
      > I really enjoyed your review (even though my children are of the canine nature for now) but I saw one minor nitpick regarding the statement "even as active and wiggly as to young boys can be." in the last line of your pros section. Btw I'm new to BGT so be gentle on how I make member edits/comments I just catch what trips me up in a review. I'm up for suggestions on how to improve my comments.
      >
      > Comment:
      > Did you mean "as TWO young boys can be"
      > If so;
      > That's borderline assuming ALL boys are active and wiggly (I personally was/am but still yet an assumption that all are)
      >
      > Edit:
      > Even as active and wiggly as MY two young boys can be.
      >
      > Or
      > Comment:
      > are you referring to to the terminology "to wit" in which I would say:
      >
      > Edit:
      > To wit (specifically) as active and wiggly as my two boys can be.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Justin Potts
      > -Pottsy
      >

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well since I chose the category for the Feb. test call I figured it only right that I submit an OR too. Here goes, please be gentle, it's been a while since I've written one of these. :)
      > >
      > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR-Seirus%20Thermax%20Headliner%20Junior%20-%20Jamie%20D/
      > >
      > > Thermax Headliner Junior
      > > By Seirus Innovation
      > > An Owner Review by Jamie DeBenedetto
      > > February 29th, 2012
      > >

      > > Writer's Information
      > >
      > > Jamie J. DeBenedetto
      > > Female, 39 years old
      > > Height: 5'11" (180 cm)
      > > Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)
      > > Email: jdeben(at)hotmail.com
      > > Personal Website: www.MyDog8AZ.com
      > > Location: Phoenix, Arizona - The Grand Canyon State
      > >
      > > Background/Experience
      > >
      > > I began backpacking twenty-five years ago after a childhood loaded with all sorts of outdoor adventures. At present I work as a hike leader so I day-hike at least sixteen times a month. I also camp, kayak and take one or two night backpacking trips occasionally.
      > > When backpacking, I prefer to sleep in a hammock and I gravitate toward multifunctional gear that will enhance my comfort level with minimal weight. My total pack weight year round is rarely above 25 lbs (11 kg) for outings of two to three days.
      > >
      > > Tester's Information
      > >
      > > My two little helpers are my 9 and 7 year old sons, AJ and MV. Both kids have been enjoying time in the outdoors with their parents since they were 3 months old.
      > >
      > > AJ - Height: 54 in (137 cm) MV - Height: 48 in (122 cm)
      > > Weight: 62 lbs (28 kg) Weight: 49 lbs (22 kg)
      > > Head Size: 20.5 in (52 cm) Head Size: 20 in (51 cm)
      > >

      > > Product Information

> [...]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic