80447Re: OR - Caldera Fissure - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Aug 17, 2011
      In CA most of the places I hike have burn restrictions. Sometimes they actually ban STOVES at times!

      Here in MN I can burn away, but it rains so much that I never mess with fires unless the kids are with me.

      When I first started hiking (1974) I only knew to cook over a fire (like camping) so used to make a fire morning and night.

      I suppose I should give the fire burning ability of the Ti-Tri Cones a shot some day, I have 3 different models now, good grief... (I am going to sell a couple now that I have consolidated all my gear to one location. I've got no room!))

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
      > Just out of curiosity, why don't you burn wood?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic