80285If you are new to BGT, welcome! Please read this..
- May 23, 2011Hello new folks,
We are super glad you are here and hope you will be joining the ranks of our established gear testers very soon. Below you will find some must do's if you want your Owner Review (OR) added to our Edit Queue. These points will make your life and the lives of those involved with the OR process easier. I appreciate you taking the time to review and apply this info.
1. Please READ the How to Become a Tester information on the
www.backpackgeartest.org website more than once. I know at first glance the documentation seems like a major uphill climb but as with all summits, the work you put in ahead of time will definitely be rewarded when you get to the top.
2. We strongly encourage new writers to write about, A. something simple and B. something with which you have lots of trail time. By lots we mean a season or more involving several days/nights. Use around town, in your backyard, etc. does not count as field time.
3. ORs will NOT be accepted into the Owner Review Edit Queue if they do not clearly state the number of days/nights you have used the item. Given the nature of an owner review and the possible amount of years you could have owned the item we understand it may not be possible for you to recall the exact number of uses so an estimate is fine.
4. ORs will also not be accepted if you do not include your real full name and email address in the Tester Bio Section.
5. Please make sure you spell check and proofread your work before posting and reposting. You will avoid a ton of silly errors if this is diligently done.
6. When you are ready to post your OR to the Yahoo group for editing please create an HTML version and post it in the TEST Folder on the www.backpackgeartest.org website. Include a link to the HTML version at the top of your Owner Review so your editor knows where to look for it. You will not be able to proceed through the edit process until the HTML version has been uploaded to the Test Folder. If you need assistance with converting your report to HTML please see our Report Writer on the BGT site.
7. When posting an OR for the first time please use this format in the subject line
Owner Review: Company & Product Your Name
Here's a current example from one of our veteran testers
OR - Injinji Tetratsok Liner - Kathy Waters
8. When REPOSTING, meaning after your OR has been taken and edited by an editor AND you have made all the requested corrections, please use this format in the subject line
REPOST: OR - Company & Product Your Name
Ex: REPOST: OR - Sea to Summit Silk Liner - Shawn Wakefield
9. If you will be off hiking, visiting your grandchildren, having a baby, heading an expedition to each of the 7 summits or otherwise away from email access for more than a day or two it is very much appreciated if you post a note to the yahoo group to let us know what is going on. On BGT we call this an Out of Pocket notice or OOP. This quick note let's us know you are still around and interested in BGT but you are away from email contact for a predetermined length of time. Please include your name, the date you are leaving and returning, and what ORs are affected by your absence.
Again, welcome to BGT and I hope you find this message informative. Please direct any questions to the yahoo group.
Mrs. Jamie DeBenedetto
Edit Admin Manager
- << Previous post in topic