      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 12:45 PM
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Bug juice

      We have a couple of insect repellent tests we couldnt get to from last year. I particularly want to give the Sawyer Gold a good work out with black and deer flys. Weve also got the Sawyer and 3M extended protection (12 24 hour) mosquito repellent. Im looking for suggestions as to when and where. I assume, for the black flys, New England but how early could we start and still have a good test? How about deer flys? Im thinking somewhere along the Gulf Coast or maybe the Sierras for the mosquitoes.  Any suggestions?

      Jerry