78893OWNER REVIEW - Buck Kinives 110 Folding Hunter

  • Jordan King
    Mar 6, 2010
      Here is my first owner review.
      Thanks,
      Jordan

      BUCK 110
      FOLDING HUNTER
      BY JORDAN
      KING
      OWNER
      REVIEW
      MARCH 1,
      2010

      Name:Jordan King
      Age:22
      Gender:Male
      Height:178
      cm (5 ft, 10 in)
      Weight:55
      kg (165 lb)
      Email Address:jordanbking@...
      City, State, Country:Flagstaff, AZ, USA
      Date:February 28, 2010

      I have been
      camping since I was too small to remember. My first real backpacking experience was a 50-mile trip in
      northern Washington when I was 12. I have been absolutely hooked since then. Most of my experience (backpacking, mountain biking, rafting,
      canoeing etc…) has been in the Boy Scouts of America where I earned the rank of
      eagle. I consider myself a light
      packer, but enjoy bringing an occasional indulgence on the trail. I enjoy year round camping and go
      anywhere from 3,000 ft to 12,000 ft elevation. I have been all over the north and southwest and look
      forward to continue to explore and learn more about the outdoors!

      Product Information
      Manufacturer:
      Buck Knives

      Year of
      Manufacture: 200
      Manufacturer's
      Website: www.buckknives.com

      MSRP: US$ 66.00
      Listed Weight:
      7.2 oz (205 g)

      Other details:

      Length Closed: 4
      7/8" (12.4 cm.)

      Blade Length: 3
      3/4" (9.5 cm)
      Blade Material:
      420HC Stainless Steel
      Locking: Yes

      Product Description
      The Buck Knives
      110 folding hunter is a locking folder designed for everyday use. It has only one color or
      configuration. Not a flashy knife. It is very conservative in its design,
      but still looks very nice. The
      knife is heavy for its size, but this makes it feel very secure. The blade is made of 420HC stainless
      steel and very sharp. The locking
      mechanism is easy to use and very secure. Overall this is a very simple knife with not a lot of moving pieces.

      First Impressions
      What a
      good-looking knife! I was given
      the knife when I was 12 so really anything was going to look good to me. The knife was surprisingly heavy for
      its size. I like that though. It felt more heavy duty, like it was
      not going to break easily. The
      knife came with a black leather sheath. This was a nice touch and has been very convenient.

      Field Use
      For the past 10
      years I have used this knife countless times and taken on numerous backpacking
      and camping trips. Some that I
      remember are two weeklong scout camps, week long backpacking trip through the
      Pasayten Wilderness, a number of fishing trips, and every day life. The most impressive thing about the
      folding hunter is its longevity. The knife is in just as good of condition as when I bought it, with very
      minimal care. On the rare occasion that I have
      sharpened it, it regains a sharp edge very quickly.

      When I go
      backpacking, the folding hunter is always on my side in its sheath. While being a heavy knife, I have found
      that I don’t even notice it’s there until I need to use it. I have used this knife to carve walking
      sticks, clean fish, cut rope, cut leather, and even cut paper. It has done just about everything I
      could imagine I would use a knife for and always performed flawlessly.

      Things I like:
      Look
      Quality
      Longevity
      Sharpness
      Locking
      Mechanism
      Simplicity of
      knife
      Weight

      Things I don’t like
      Price

      Summary
      There really is
      not anything that has not impressed me about this knife. The 110 folding hunter is going to take
      anything you can throw at it with no problems. It is an extremely simple design with fewer moving parts so
      less that can go wrong. It is a
      little pricey at $66, but if you are looking for a high quality knife that you
      can one day pass down to your kid, then the Buck 110 folding hunter is the
      knife for you.

      Thanks for
      reading,
      Jordan King