7855Re: Bug juice

  • dunning_josh
    Feb 1, 2002
      Growing up in Western Mass, and now living in Northern CT, Ican
      attest to the black flies in the spring! We used to call them May
      Flies, I think because they come on strongest in May. (duh!)
      Mosquitoes get ugly towards July & August, they were real bad last
      September on a three day hike up the M&M.

      I like the idea of te tick repellant too, they get bad here too.

      Josh

      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Jerry Goller" <geartester@m...> wrote:
      > We have a couple of insect repellent tests we couldn't get to from
      last
      > year. I particularly want to give the Sawyer Gold a good work out
      with
      > black and deer flys. We've also got the Sawyer and 3M extended
      > protection (12 - 24 hour) mosquito repellent. I'm looking for
      > suggestions as to when and where. I assume, for the black flys, New
      > England but how early could we start and still have a good test? How
      > about deer flys? I'm thinking somewhere along the Gulf Coast or
      maybe
      > the Sierras for the mosquitoes. Any suggestions?
      > Jerry

      comprehensive
      > interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic