76957RE: [BackpackGearTest] Mentor advice for first report
- Dec 30, 2008Hi Lori,
I suggest the below;
The Apprentice/Mentor program pairs someone interested in becoming a tester
with BackpackGearTest.org with a Veteran tester who volunteers his or her
time to help the new person learn the ropes. If you would like someone to
personally help you become a tester, just send an email to
mentor@... and ask for one. Include MENTOR REQUEST in the
subject line of your message. Be sure to give your name. A mentor will
contact you as soon as possible by email and give you guidance and answer
your questions. You should read the Survival
<http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=SG&page=1> Guide so that
you understand what it will take to become a tester.
The Apprentice/Mentor program is strictly voluntary. If you are comfortable
following the documentation on your own, you can certainly do that. If you
want additional help, though, be aware that we are ready to help you.
A Mentor Will:
1. Explain the report writing process and answer any questions you may
2. Direct you to appropriate documentation.
3. Read your Owner Reviews and make helpful suggestions.
4. Assist you with any problems you may have in the process.
5. Read your Applications and offer hints and suggestions.
6. Read your Initial Report when you are selected for testing, and make
A Mentor Will Not:
1. Do any of your work or any writing for you.
[mailto:BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lorijohnson72
Sent: Wednesday, 31 December 2008 2:45 AM
Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Mentor advice for first report
I am about to write my first of the two required reports. The website
suggests getting mentor advice on whether or not a certain item is
germain to the subject of backpacking. I have a very valuable
experience with kayaking paddles I'd like to report on. My husband and
I like to paddle in to places and then backpack, but I don't see this
as an item already reported on in the reviews. Can you please advise
on if I should write about this item? Thank you.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>