76957RE: [BackpackGearTest] Mentor advice for first report

  • Mark McLauchlin
    Dec 30, 2008
      Hi Lori,

      I suggest the below;

      The Apprentice/Mentor program pairs someone interested in becoming a tester
      with BackpackGearTest.org with a Veteran tester who volunteers his or her
      time to help the new person learn the ropes. If you would like someone to
      personally help you become a tester, just send an email to
      mentor@... and ask for one. Include MENTOR REQUEST in the
      subject line of your message. Be sure to give your name. A mentor will
      contact you as soon as possible by email and give you guidance and answer
      your questions. You should read the Survival
      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=SG&page=1> Guide so that
      you understand what it will take to become a tester.

      The Apprentice/Mentor program is strictly voluntary. If you are comfortable
      following the documentation on your own, you can certainly do that. If you
      want additional help, though, be aware that we are ready to help you.

      A Mentor Will:

      1. Explain the report writing process and answer any questions you may
      2. Direct you to appropriate documentation.
      3. Read your Owner Reviews and make helpful suggestions.
      4. Assist you with any problems you may have in the process.
      5. Read your Applications and offer hints and suggestions.
      6. Read your Initial Report when you are selected for testing, and make

      A Mentor Will Not:

      1. Do any of your work or any writing for you.