75894Re: QUESTION: inclusion of comparison & cost info in test reports

  • rayestrella1
    Jun 6, 2008
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:

      > However, in the summary that you've worded up Kurt you don't
      > actually make any comparisons to anything specific - you make a
      > general observation about a product that you have experiences with.
      <snip>
      > If I may, I'd actually like to quote Ray's recent OR on his MSR
      > DromLite (Message No. 75865): "I tried to use the DromLite as a
      > hydration bladder using the Hands Free Kit but did not care for it.
      > Purpose made bladders work much better." That is certainly an
      > observation of his, and he does say he prefers something else
      > without making a direct comparison.

      But there is a difference between reviews and reports. A review is of
      something that we purchased and therefore can complain or not about
      the price. A test item is something we are given and are supposed to
      be looking at how they perform in their stated use. While I feel the
      remark about the space they take up is something that should be
      addressed, I personally would not go into whether it is over-priced
      or not when I did not pay for it.

      That is just my take on it, not an official statement by any means.