74372Re: Edit/Approval: Owner Review - Cocoon Pullover - Roger

  • pamwyant
    Oct 4, 2007
      My two cents worth:

      The MSRP is supposed to be the retail, not discounted price. It
      wouldn't be any different than if I found a product cheaper at
      WalMart than XYZ outfitters.

      That said, I will probably have a problem on my FireLite stove review
      too. Does Backpackinglight contract with FireLite on that or is that
      just a model name they have developed? It says it is exclusive. I
      also noted Coleen Porter had used them as the manufacturer in her
      review of the stove. Of course, there are also FireLite spoons
      available for sale many other places.

      I am confused.

      Pam

      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ray,
      > > Is the comment directed at listing anything except the MSRP? If
      so
      > >(as you probably know) Backpacking Light almost always lists two
      > > prices:
      >
      > Hi Roger,
      >
      > It has nothing to do with BackpackingLight. It is supposed to be
      > Bozeman's MSRP not the retailer. I see that they are carried by
      > ProLight and BPL. So I guess that it does not really have an MSRP
      as
      > the pricing is being set by the dealers not Bozeman. As such it
      > should really be listed as N/A, right?
      >
      > That is why I could not ubderstand the reference to BPL also.
      >
      > That is my take on it anyway.
      >
      > Ray

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic