70460EDIT: REPOST: Owner Review: SwissCard - Karl Fuderer

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Jun 8, 2006
      Hello Karl,

      I have two small edits for you in the main text, and some feedback on
      some of the questions you asked, but I'd now like you to put an HTML
      version in the test folder. I'll check it over for any last-moment
      text problems and for the HTML itself, then you'll be in good shape.
      Please let me know on this BGT list when it's ready for checking.

      BGT OR Editor

      > Gday Ted,
      > Most of edits conducted. I have doubts about the following.
      > 1) "Is this the model number? I'd suggest omitting it, as the
      > rest seems sufficient to describe it and it is no longer in stock" -
      > the words mentioned are a perfectly accurate description of the
      > colour. the number in brackets is a amalgam of the colour code, used
      > by Victorinox to more easily classify colour, followed by the model
      > number. One of the colours of the new model is the same as the old,
      > so it may be relevant information to prospective buyers to ensure
      > they get the colour they want. There are other similar colours
      > available. Should I omit it anyway?

      ### TED: OK then, just write in the bracket (Model no. 0.7133.T3) It's
      obvious enough that this is the model number, but it never hurts to

      > 2) The Victorinox Website implies the SwissCard Classic is still
      > available for retail sale, yet is no longer in production. Please
      > advise on changes I may make to 'Product Information - RRP' to more
      > acurately purvey this than saying "discontinued line due to upgrade."

      ### TED: I think it's OK as is, really. Remember, this review will be
      in place for years.

      > 3) The "bubbles" mentioned are small ball shaped extrusions of the
      > casing, that the website have called bubbles as I believe during the
      > manufacturing process a controlled pocket of air was purposely formed
      > in certain locations. A similar shaped cone was formed in the handle
      > of the corresponging tool, so when inserted it sort of locks in
      > place, preventing it from falling out of it's own free will. The cone
      > falls over the ball capping the handle and it's tool in place, but
      > can b easily removed with a small amount of sliding force applied to
      > the tool, pulling the cone over the ball. How can I better explain
      > this in the review text?

      ### TED: Well, that's a good explanation. Incorporate a brief version
      of this at the appropriate point (see my comment in the text),
      something along the lines of:

      "The tools are held in the case by "bubbles" (as the website calls
      them). These are extrusions from the casing formed by introducing a
      pocket of air during the manufacturing process. A similar shaped cone
      is formed on the handle of the tool, so that when inserted it locks
      into place against the bubble, but the resistance created can be
      easily overcome when sliding the tool out." Or words to that effect.

      > 4) "Pole position" means 'given preferrential treatment by being
      > moved to the front of the pack', like the respect racers are given in
      > the placement of competitors in a major, open-to-the-public event.
      > The fastest are generally moved to the front so they can break away
      > from the pack without having to deal with 'traffic' getting in the
      > way. Having said that, I agree with your comments and edits so it has
      > been changed for ease of reading.

      ### TED: Yup, maybe my ignorance, but I had never heard the expression.
      > I thank you for your tolerance, and hope to hear from you soon
      > regarding the second round of edits we both expect will occur. Below
      > is the updated OR for your scrutiny, which I greatly appreciate.

      ### TED: My pleasure!

      BGT OR Editor

      > Design And Features:
      > The colour is translucent greyish black with white writing and
      > symbols. All the metallic parts are silver, with grey handles, and
      > the toothpick is yellow, sticking out like a sore thumb. The markings
      > that make up the rule and protractor are engraved on the main casing,
      > and the edge of the cm rule is bevelled at 45 degrees for more
      > accuracy in drawing straight lines. Each of the parts built for
      > the `SwissCard Classic' have bubbles

      ### COMMENT: Somewhere around here is where the text explaining the
      bubble locking mechanism should go, as per my comment at the head of
      the text.

      built into the design to help
      > hold the parts into the whole, and some of the places where parts are
      > designed to fit have embossed images of the device that belongs there.
      > Testing Environment:
      > My card has travelled over 1500 km (932 ml)

      ### EDIT m [ml is the abbreviation for milliliters--don't worry, the
      imperial measurement users will understand)!

      of trekking and cycle
      > touring, on terrain including sand dunes, swamp, mountain elevations
      > to 1095 m (3592 ft), and very dense subtropical rainforest. Most of
      > the sack's life has been between 100 and 600 m (328 to 1968 ft) above
      > sea level, on a well defined track in SW Western Australia surrounded
      > by sparse trees and semi dense low lying shrub. Temperatures range
      > from –14 C (7 F) on the coldest night to 35 C (95 F) on the hottest
      > day, with averages ranging from 0 C (32 F) at night to 23 C (73 F) in
      > daylight. Over that time, It has stayed in my wallet for the entire
      > time, except when in use. It has been subjected to the very high
      > degrees of pressure in the pack.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic