69817EDIT: Vapor Trail pack - Ray Estrella

  • Roger Caffin
    Mar 27 2:48 PM
      EDIT: Vapor Trail pack - Ray Estrella

      Hi Ray

      You again! :-) Gear freak! :-) (all said in the nicest possible way of course).
      OK, a few small edits, plus some grammar.

      No comments about how the shoulder straps ride? Curling? Sliding off? Just curious.

      You can upload after you make the fixes to
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Internal%20and%20External%20Framed%20Backpacks/Granite%20Gear%20Vapor%20Trail/
      If you want to add some stuff about the shoulder straps I would be happy to check it over again - html version only
      maybe with notice on this channel.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT OR EDitor
      ------------------------------------
      > Volume: 3,600 cu in (59L)
      Edit: real nit pick: 'Volume listed'. Not that I have ever worked out how THEY measure it.

      > The main pack body is made of 70-D Hybrid Cordura Nylon Rip-Stop. It is
      > very light feeling, but has proven to be pretty tough in the field.
      EDIT: the HTML has a font change here which needs fixing

      > The same materiel
      EDIT: material

      > there are two more compression straps that cris-cross the opening.
      EDIT: criss-cross

      > At the top of the pad is a sewn on grab loop.
      EDIT: sewn-on

      > The one at the top of the shoulder adjust the distance the pack body
      EDIT: either 'the ones at the top adjust ' or 'the one at the top adjusts '

      > The shoulder straps have high density foam inside of them.
      EDIT: you will be hung drawn and quartered for that: ' inside them' without the 'of'

      > The removable hip belt is made of this foam also.
      Edit: you end the last sentence with also. It would sound a lot better if you changed this 'also' to 'too'.

      > The temperatures on this hike ranged from 105 F (41 C) under scorching
      > sun, to 27 F (-3 C) and snowing.
      Comment: ouch!

      > I had read a lot of good things about the Vapor trail and bought mine
      EDIT: Vapour Trail

      > (Still quite a ways off Dave's 17 lb [7.7 kg] for the same trip.)
      Comment: style only. I wouldn't bother with the parentheses. Just style.

      > is easy to over load it.
      EDIT: overload, one word.

      > Going back to 28 lb (12.7 kg) felt wonderful.
      YEAH!

      > It is much easier to access than a pocket inside of the pack
      EDIT: no 'of'

      > Vapor Trail inside of my Bora 95.
      EDIT: no 'of'

      > Coming back down having the compact Vapor Trail made glissading
      Comment: I would write 'carrying'nstead of 'having' - style.

      > The pockets work ok for standard Nalgene bottles.
      Edit: OK, in caps

      >I had been concerned that the full pad against my back would mean a
      > warmer carry than other packs,
      Edit: good grammar would be "warmer carry than with other packs"

      > Even in Death Valley my back was no hotter than the rest of me.
      Comment: all damn hot, eh? :-)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic