69534APPROVAL/EDIT: REVISED: OR - Leatherman Micra - amytys

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Mar 1, 2006
      Hello Andy,

      Thanks for the careful OR. Edits follow, and are few. However, one
      significant omission is a description of the environments in which you
      have used the Micra. It's neither here under a separate heading nor is
      it interpolated into the review proper. Please fix this, correct where
      indicated, and upload to

      BGT OR Editor

      > Product Information:
      > Manufacturer: Leatherman (http://www.leatherman.com)
      > Item: Micra Multitool
      > Year of Manufacture: 2000
      > MSRP: $19.95

      ### EDIT: MSRP $19.95 US

      > Length Closed: 2.5 inches (6.35 cm)
      > Listed Weight: 1.75 oz (50 gm)
      > Weight as Delivered: 1.8 oz (51 gm)
      > Base Colors: brushed stainless
      > Additional Colors: brushed stainless, red, blue, green, black

      ### EDIT: as you have brushed stainless as a base color, it shouldn't
      be in the "additional" list as well, no?

      I reach for the Micra when going on winter
      > trips and when out on longer group trips, as the Micra is a great
      > tool to have around while fixing people's feet.

      ### EDIT: God, I hate amateur podiatry! Seriously, I assume you mean
      for adjusting crampons and fixing snowshoes (what I use my heavier
      Leatherman for)? You might want to clarify this before they get you
      for practicing medicine without a license. <g> Though, on reading
      further, maybe you do mean tootsies (shudder).

      > I would not purchase it in any of the additional colors, however, as
      > the colors are just applied over the brushed stainless finish. The
      > color on my knife started to scratch off as soon as I took it out of
      > the package and today, while the instruments themselves are fully
      > functional, the tool is distressed in its cosmetic appearance. I've
      > also seen the "Colors" version of the knife sold next to the brushed
      > steel model at a $5 premium - what a sham.

      ### EDIT: This last sentence should be dropped. It is editorializing.