69533Re: APPROVAL/EDIT: Owner Review Marmot Down Sweater - Ray Estrella

  • colonelcorn76
    Feb 28, 2006
      Hey Ray,

      Nice to see someone else has one of these. Mine's an 04 model and
      until recently I wore it everywhere (still do on backpacking trips). I
      didn't realize it zipped into its pocket (the inner one no?) as mine
      came with a little stuff sack. They may have fixed the stitching or
      whatever caused your down loss - I don't recall seeing more then a
      couple of feathers in 18 months.

      The only thing I can't answer when asked is what makes it a sweater
      vs. a jacket.

      Jim

      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan"
      > <erd@> wrote:
      > >I've got a few
      > > edits for you<snip> ### EDIT: Down construction is *either*
      > >baffled or sewn-through. Could youclarify on the construction,
      > >please?
      > > ### EDIT: Here's the eternal BGT question: is it indeed Velcro or
      > >is it hook-and-loop fastener?
      >
      > Hi Ted,
      >
      > I made the edits and changes you suggested. I rewrote the paragraph
      > about the down chambers. It works much better now. The hook & loop
      > at the cuffs is Velcro brand, you can check it here;
      >
      > http://marmot.com/technology/glossary.php#V
      >
      > Thank you very much for your help with this report,
      >
      > Ray

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic