69232Re: [BackpackGearTest] Editing protocols WAS: EDIT ADDENDUM: Owner Review...

  • Andrew Priest
    Feb 9, 2006
      At 03:46 AM 9/02/2006, you wrote:
      >Andrew:
      >
      >In the future, I will delete the previous (the opposite is the protocol
      >on other lists I belong to).

      Protocol on other lists? That is interesting. If you do a search on
      email etiquette you might find that your approach of (a) top posting
      versus bottom posting (considering people with disabilities) and (b)
      quoting in full all the advert details and in full all the previous
      posts in the thread as opposed to editing the material you are
      quoting to the relevant material is not consider good etiquette.

      I suggest you also try going on to digest and get a feel for the
      digest users experience. You might even be surprised. Or
      alternatively I am sure Roger and some of the other digest users here
      will be more than happy to let you know what they think of you
      earlier approach :-).

      >As to the "Survival Guide/Test Requirements" pages... May I suggest
      >(based on my own strugles as a pioneer website content creator in the
      >mid 1990's) that settling on one name for it and always using that name
      >-both on the website and in posts/emails - would make it easier on us
      >newbies.

      Sure, I understand your point, but it is referred to as the Survival
      Guide in all "newbie" related documentation and the testers who have
      signed up to the website seem to have had no problem finding the
      document. This is the first time that I am aware of since we have had
      the website that it has been raised as an issue. Given the website
      usage etc I am not going to get hung up on this one.

      That said I will pass your comment on to the Webmaster.

      Regard