66649EDIT: Owner Review - Eureka Timberline 2 Tent - Dave Hjelmar

  • Roger Caffin
    Jun 1, 2005
      Owner Review - Eureka Timberline 2 Tent - Dave Hjelmar

      Hi Dave

      Welcome. A fairly good first OR, with only a couple of specific small edits.
      You write well.

      However, a tent is a rather large (=expensive!) item, and I would hope to
      see a bit more about the tent construction and the interior. If you are
      going to include some pictures, reference to these would help enormously of
      course. (Me, I think pictures are well worth while.) Think of the reader:
      what else would he (she) like to know about the tent? If you need help with
      working out what else to put in, just yell.

      You need to fix up the metric bits of course. When you have done these, the
      edits, and maybe added a bit more description, could you REPOST to the this
      channel please. At the same time please put the full html version into the
      Tests / Owner Reviews folder on BGT as we need to see it too.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      PS: don't forget to send your signed Tester Agreement to Shane.
      -------------------------------------
      > Listed weight: 5 lb 13 oz (xx kg)
      > Weight as purchased I know I still need to fill this in
      > Weight with ground cloth I know I still need to fill this in
      > Size: 5'3" x 7'2" (xx m x xx m) floor space
      > 3'6" height
      > Packed size 6" x 24"
      EDIT: we would prefer you did fill these figures in before posting. Next
      time maybe?

      > fly, door at one end, and large no-see-um windows in both the door and
      EDIT: 'fly, a door at one end...' (insert 'a')

      > waterproof. Note I do take extremely good care of the tent. No shoes
      EDIT: the 'Note' here is a trifle awkward. 'Note that' would be fine, or you
      could leave the word out.
      Comment: I fully agree with your concept of caring for your gear! The
      comments are well made.

      > need shelter for two and/or temperatures are substantially below
      > freezing). What I like about the Timberline most is that one person can
      EDIT: change of subject, so start a new paragraph at 'What I like ...'

      > Things I Don?t Like
      EDIT: Don't

      > Summary
      > I recommend the Eureka Timberline 2 to anyone looking for an
      EDIT: we avoid making recommendations. Keep it strictly personal - what you
      like.

      > Name: Dave
      EDIT: need surname too

      > Date: May 2, 2005
      EDIT: update

      > Experience and Style
      EDIT: the rule is 100 words, no more, Sad, but we all have to abide. You
      don't really need to mention actual places.