      Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 9:45 AM
      Subject: RE: [BackpackGearTest] Digest Number 94

      I'm interested in testing a filter. I hike here in Louisiana, and the water is often stagnant or at best barely flowing. Sources are often flowing through places where wild horses graze and there is most likely fecees (sp?) in the water and possibly chemicals from agriculture. I have been packing potable water and only doing short trips while contemplating finally breaking down and getting a filter. I'm an iodine only guy for years.

      I would definitely put it through some paces here with this water and my desire for a multi day backcountry trip.

      Is it an in-line, pump, gravity, or what?

      Ernest Engman