57486RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: CORRECTED:> CALL FOR OWNER REVIEWS - CALLING HAPPY SNAPPERS & COMFY CAMPERS

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Sep 1, 2004
      > It shouldn't matter... the point is that the review talks
      > about how the camera performed, both in terms of it's
      > application at capturing the moment in the field and as
      > "baggage" being carried into the field.

      I agree. My point is that BGT reviews of cameras should be focused on those
      aspects of the camera that make it attractive to backpackers. IIRC, that's
      why Jerry said it was OK to have them in the first place. There are many
      excellent camera review sites. If I want to know about the technical
      aspects of a camera, I'll go to one of those sites.

      Photographic equipment is NOT backpacking gear. A large enough portion of
      the backpacking population carries cameras, though, so that's our angle.

      Shane
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic