52688RE: [BackpackGearTest] Treeking pole lenght measurement standards?

  • Andrew Priest
    Jun 1, 2004
      At 03:23 AM 01/06/2004, you wrote:
      > > Where should measurement start? Where the top of the hand hits
      > > the handle?
      > >
      > > Where should measurement stop? Before the carbide tip?
      > >
      > > Any suggestions or reference to past threads where this was
      > > discussed are appreciated.
      >
      >It is as long as it is.
      >
      >How would you measure a walking stick you would find in the woods?
      >
      >End to end.
      >
      >Realistically, that's the only number that's going to make sense to a
      >reader.

      I would agree 100% with Shane, but ask that you clearly state how you have
      measured the poles. I think the clarification is important in light of
      Tom's comments about apples and oranges. You should also state the
      manufacturer's measurement.

      Andrew Priest

      http://BackpackGearTest.org