      From: Roger Caffin [mailto:r.caffin@...]
      Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 4:38 AM
      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] RE: Amigo mermaids

      > > However, some of the filter suppliers do claim to meet the EPA
      > > standards
      > > protozoa and bacteria, and have lab results to support these claims.
      > > that reassuring.
      > @@@ I guess they can claim pretty much anything they like.... ;o)
      True. However, on request they have provided me with photocopies of reports
      from Universities and accredited micro-biology testing organisations from
      around the world, plus copies of published research papers. Could all be
      fudged, but somehow it seems unlikely.

      $$$ Then it might be a good idea for you to make that request to
      Seychelle..... ;o)

      It does seem that some people do not develop the symptoms of giardiasis.
      Perhaps you are lucky?

      $$$ That has actually crossed my mind. I am pretty much non-reactive to all
      of the poison ivy, oak, etc. and bad water doesn't even seem to bother me
      all that much. Or I'm really lucky and never get exposed to any of it.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic