3924Re: Report compliance

  • David Harris
    Aug 3, 2001
      FWIW, I think requiring owner reports as a prerequisite for testing
      is a terrific approach. I hate the notion that we need to require
      credit cards for this process. That would, as has been mentioned
      earlier, leave some potential testers out over concerns about sending
      credit card info out into cyberspace. More than that, whether pay
      pal or credit cards, it would add tremendously to the work (unpaid)
      that Jerry has to put into this venture, and I rather doubt (hope I'm
      not speaking out of turn Jerry) that that's what he got into this
      idea for in the 1st place.

      Let's all hope that the use of owner reviews, and possibly starting
      testers out with smaller items, will solve our problem.

      On a side note, I think the ideas of testing get together sessions
      and side-by-side comparison testing are great, though I think they
      would tend to focus gear on a more limited number of testers.

      David Harris

      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
      > I'm willing to try the owner report requirement as a prerequisite
      for new gear testing. I'm going to require that potential new gear
      reviewers must include the links to two owner reports that have been
      uploaded to BGT. I'll develop the requirements file and post it
      tomorrow....I hope. This will accomplish two goals: build our gear
      review database and try a less painless method of compliance.
      > Jerry
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest : the most
      comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic