3651Re: GVP G4-C Backpack Review

  • Bill Jeffrey
    Jul 5, 2001
      > Please post details of the top cross pouch for my hydration
      system. Last
      > you reported, you were considering adding an internal pocket. As I
      > responded, I was also; but was concerned about how to manage the
      hose.

      Tom Reynolds on the PCT-L list designed his own pack with light
      internal stays and a method of hanging a water bladder inside from
      the top of the pack so the weight stays high. I can't remember just
      how he attached the bladder though.

      I'm not sure how this would work on a pack without stays. Maybe you
      could sew a mesh bag near where the shoulder straps attach.

      I find one of the side mesh pockets works great, taking care to
      balance with weight of the water on the other side of the pack.

      Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic