3641Re: GVP G4-C Backpack Review

  • Bill Jeffrey
    Jul 4, 2001
      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
      > added a sternum strap and a top cross pouch for my hydration system
      to mine.

      I've never been a big fan of sternum straps, as they seem to
      interfere with my breathing. Then again, I'm 6'4" and 200+, so I
      usually don't have a problem with the shoulder straps sliding.
      However, one day when my load wasn't balanced real well, and I still
      had most of my food, a sternum strap would have helped a little. I'd
      probably use just wrap a small nylon strap around the shoulder straps
      so it could be removed when I didn't want it.

      I've met several hikers smaller than me who have considered an added
      sternum strap essential.

      Bill
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic