3311Re: Walrus Zoid 2 in the rain

  • Justin V.
    Jun 4, 2001
      > The tent and fly do not stay taught when wet.
      >
      > ### Did you pull the straps tight though the adjustment buckles
      (where it
      > buckles to the tent body)

      I set the tent up quickly and it looked taught when I set it up. I'm
      sure I could have made it tighter-- it was definitely not drum taught.
      I left the adjustment buckles in the same position as the prior time
      I used the tent on a humid night where I had no problems with tension.
      It didn't become loose until an hour or so after I set up the tent.
      Anyway, It was late and wet and I had no desire to fuss with the tent
      in the rain. After this experience I'll take more care to really
      tighten the tent if rain is likely. I would have fussed with it more
      if I had gotten to camp in the daylight.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic