3309Re: [BackpackGearTest] Walrus Zoid 2 in the rain

  • GearTester
    Jun 4, 2001
      From: "Justin E. Vlietstra" <justin@...>
      To: <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 5:50 PM
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Walrus Zoid 2 in the rain

      The tent and fly do not stay taught when wet.

      ### Did you pull the straps tight though the adjustment buckles (where it
      buckles to the tent body)

      On the good side, there was no
      > condensation anywhere inside the tent to cause stuff to get wet. I was
      > particularly shocked to find the foot of my sleeping bag dry in the
      > All of the condensation stayed under the fly and was not on the tent body
      > walls

      ### I had mine (Zoid 1.0) out in 25 dg., 65% humidity last week. There was
      tremendous condensation on both the inside and outside of the tent. What
      little bit dropped off the fly landed on the panel at the top of the tent.
      None got inside the tent body. I had no problem with fly stretch but I had
      it pulled drum tight before I went to sleep. Getting out is a bit tricky. I
      left the net door unzipped and rolled. I carefully unzipped the fly (it was
      staked down on the small end only) and VERY carefully rolled it up and
      latched it. It would have worked MUCH better if the retaining loop was
      elastic as the mesh door one is. I've never had a tent with that much mesh
      recieve that much condensation and not leak any into the tent body. I had
      exactly the same experience with a Coleman Cobra except for the 2 or 3 cups
      of water that ended up in the tent. One minor but annoying thing I did
      notice about the Zoid 1.0 is that the door is on the left side and, like
      most people, I think, all my bags are righthand......
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic