  • Tim Scott
    Aug 16, 2000
      Hello all, my name is Tim Scott and I am an avid hiker and
      I live in New Hampshire, and most of the hiking that I have done has
      been in the Northeast area. I began hiking while in college, sometime
      around 1994, and I haven't looked back since.

      Last summer I completed a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, which
      was the best experience of my life. This summer I took a trip to
      Colorado where I got to do a few day hikes, most notably Long's Peak
      (only 53 more to go!).

      I also am an avid winter hiker, making a trip to the Whites as least
      once a month, usually more, to hit the trail where there are more
      people than bugs (and there are usually only a small handful of
      people). I have yet to get into winter camping, but it is something
      that I am interested in, and would like to try at some point this

      I would be very interested in testing various hiking and backpacking
      gear, and giving a full report to the manufacturer and to the various
      hiking lists that I am a member of. For three-season hiking/camping I
      am most interested in light and ultra-light gear. There have been
      amazing improvements in the weight of gear in the last few years, and
      I would love to see even more. I am also interested in winter
      hiking/camping gear as well, especially gear designed for extreme

      My information is as follows:

      Tim Scott
      330B Stage Rd
      Nottingham, NH 03290