29025Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Vegemite

  • Andrew Priest
    Apr 12, 2003
      At 02:09 PM 12/04/2003, you wrote:
      >Jamie -
      >
      >I've got half a (small) jar I brought back from Australia sitting in
      >the fridge <BG>. It lasts forever, if you want a sample.
      >
      >I actually think it is palatable. The key for me was to treat it like
      >butter, not peanut butter...just a thin film, not a thick layer.

      That's how we tend to eat it. Now that I moving to butter/margarine free
      toast and bread, I do find the taste of Vegemite pretty strong.

      >My Kiwi friend is a Marmite fan; apparently people like one or the
      >other.

      As a Kiwi, I grew up on Marmite ... but now as a resident Australian, I
      tend to go with Vegemite. There is a third product, called Promite. I
      find it quite hard to get Marmite, whereas Vegemite and Promite are widely
      available.

      Marmite
      http://www.marmite.com/
      http://www.gty.org/~phil/marmite.htm