25445Re: MSR Simmerlite

  • redbike64 <richard.dreher@jacobs.com>
    Feb 21, 2003
      (second try at post, list went kablooie)

      Bill, my vote for current best white gas stove (based on price,
      weight, utility and ease of use) goes to (clears throat) the

      I've not had mine long enough to swear on a stack of Fletchers that
      the SL is a long-lived wonder, but will say that it's better in every
      way than its grandfather, the Whisperlite, with which I have
      something like 17 years' experience.

      Some folks swear by the Snowpeak WG stove, which REI recently had on
      sale for a hundred bucks. I'm certain its a clever stove and probably
      works well, but it's too gizmo-ish to suit my tastes. Finally, if
      melting lots of snow and perhaps smelting replacement ice axe heads
      in the field are your main objectives, the XGK remains the blowtorch
      king, bar none.

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
      <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
      > Anybody used this stove enough that they are willing to share some
      > about it?
      > <Bill>
      > Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
      > N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic