16806Re: [BackpackGearTest] Hennessy Hammock-Explorer Ultralite A-Sym

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Aug 31, 2002
      In a message dated 8/31/2002 6:06:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, wsm311@...
      writes:

      > My daughter, Heather Martin, is hiking Vermont's Long Trail right now. She
      > bought and is sleeping in this same name hammock. I am impressed! ;-) It's
      > very light weight and looks comfy. I wish there had been so many neat
      > backpacking toys when I was young and agile ;-)
      >
      > What do most folks use for insulation when sleeping in one of these
      > hammocks?
      > Heather tried out reflectix insulation, a Thermarest, then settled on her
      > nylon covered foam pad.

      Wendy,
      You hit on the only major issue with a Hennesy Hammock. I also use the A-sym
      and love it. The insulation issue is still undergoing much research, much by
      persons within this group. It seems there is no ideal solution as of yet. If
      I follow the many posts correctly, the Thermarest or trimmed closed cell foam
      pads seem to be the most common current solutions. I'm a Thermarest
      (Ultralite 3/4) man myself.

      Jim S.