12295Re: Off topic (sort of) question for Dawn

  • redbike64
    May 1, 2002
      Snow should be plentiful, in fact it's snowing up there today.

      For specific info, call the Forest Service office in Camino:
      530.644.6048.

      Trailhead access is spotty in spring, so you'll want to find out
      where you can get into Desolation from. I seriously doubt the
      Wright's Lake road is open yet.

      --Rick

      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "europa1057" <europa1057@y...> wrote:
      > How is the snow up in the Tahoe area right now? I am thinking of
      > heading up to Desolation Wilderness this weekend to give the Hex 2
      > snow camping workout, but I don't know how much snow there really
      > is. I read somewhere the other day that there is still 16" at 6000
      > ft, but I couldn't find out the exact date of the report. Do you
      > think it would be worth the trip? My other option is to head up to
      > the Shasta area, but I'd rather not drive that far if the snow is
      > still okay in Desolation.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Rebecca
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic