12229Re: html hell

  • redbike64
    Apr 30, 2002
      Ron,

      Thanks for taking the time to respond.

      I'm almost perfectly unknowledgable of html, but believe I can follow
      your directions to make the necessary change. However, when I go to
      edit the file within Yahoo!, I only get the file path and title in
      their respective boxes, and no text. Is this a rights issue, or
      perhaps a browser setting (IE 5.5)?

      If I can't figure it out I'll edit the source document and repost.

      Thanks again,

      --Rick

      -- In BackpackGearTest@y..., Ron Martino <yumitori@m...> wrote:

      > > Can anybody tell me why my ID Siltarp 2 review is all one giant
      web
      > > link following the integraldesigns.com address?
      >
      > Yes. Dave figured this out awhile back. Do you 'speak' HTML?
      >
      > > Is there an "off switch" that somehow didn't get thrown?
      >
      > > --Rick
      >
      > Sort of. You need to go to the page on Yahoo! Groups that
      leads
      > to you review, and click on 'edit'. Scan down through the body of
      the
      > file (the HTML code) until you find the link to Integral Designs.
      You'll
      > notice that the start of the link tag is on one line, and the rest
      is on
      > the next, like this -

      Style"'>Web: <a

      href="http://www.integraldesigns.com/">www.integraldesigns.com<u3:p></
      u3:p></span></p>

      > You need to put a hard return /before/ the '<a' of the first
      line
      > I quoted above. It should look something like this afterwards -

      Style"'>Web:
      > <a
      href="http://www.integraldesigns.com/">www.integraldesigns.com<u3:p></
      u3:p></span></p>

      > Save your changes, click on the link to the review, REFRESH
      your
      > browser so it reloads the page, and doesn't just pull up the older
      copy
      > from memory. The run-on link should be fixed.
      >
      > Ron
      > --
      >
      > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic