A 275th Anniversary

  • TeriNoelTowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2005
      Today is the 275th anniversary of one of my favorite statements made by Johann Sebastian Bach, a passage from his letter to his lifelong friend Georg Erdmann that seems especially appropriate in these turbulent and difficult times:

      "Those in charge are odd and ambivalent towards music, which means I have to live with almost non-stop vexation, envy, and persecution."

      Johann Sebastian Bach, October 28, 1730