RE: [Baader-Planetarium] 1.25 - 2" Eyepieces

  • Michael Swanson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
      Hi Tim,

      Do you mean the Hyperion 8mm eyepiece? The 2" barrel is the black part
      right above the 1.25" barrel. In other words, nothing to change, just put
      it in the diagonal. You do need to check to insure it won't protrude too
      far and contact the mirror. If it will, Baader sells rings that prevent
      that. See the Files section of our Yahoo Group:
      Then "Baader Documentation", "Hyperion Eyepieces" and finally the document
      "Hyperion Illustrated Instructions.pdf" for more details. You probably also
      want to look at "Hyperion and Zoom Brief Instructions.pdf".

      Best regards,
      Mike Swanson
      Author of "The NexStar User's Guide"
      Author of "NexStar Observer List"
      http://www.NexStarSite.com

      I have seen this question asked before but nobody has answered it
      clearly yet. How do you change a Baader Eyepiece to 2inch from 1.25
      inch? Do you need to replace the 1.25" sleeve with a 2"sleeve?

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
        --- In Baader-Planetarium@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Swanson"
        <swanson.michael@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tim,
        >
        > Do you mean the Hyperion 8mm eyepiece? The 2" barrel is the black
        part
        > right above the 1.25" barrel. In other words, nothing to change,
        just put
        > it in the diagonal. You do need to check to insure it won't
        protrude too
        > far and contact the mirror. If it will, Baader sells rings that
        prevent
        > that. See the Files section of our Yahoo Group:
        > Then "Baader Documentation", "Hyperion Eyepieces" and finally the
        document
        > "Hyperion Illustrated Instructions.pdf" for more details. You
        probably also
        > want to look at "Hyperion and Zoom Brief Instructions.pdf".
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Mike Swanson
        > Author of "The NexStar User's Guide"
        > Author of "NexStar Observer List"
        > http://www.NexStarSite.com

        Thanks Mike , I'm new to this.Yes It's an 8mm Hyperion. I ordered a
        24mm but they sent me the wrong one. I was thinking about keeping it
        and ordering a 24mm. I just received a CPC 1100 Scope and havn't even
        had it out yet. It's been cloudy and rainy everyday since it arrived.
        What I was confused about was if I should unscrew and remove the 1.25
        portion of the eyepiece.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
          - In Baader-Planetarium@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <tim_patton_1999@...>
          wrote:
          Mike , I guess I should have tried it in the 2" Williams Optics
          Carbon Fiber Diagonal I received today in the mail. It doesnt get
          close to touching the mirror.