RE: [Baader-Planetarium] Re: 24mm

  • Michael Swanson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10 2:09 PM
      Hi,

      There wouldn't be much benefit in purchasing a 2" diagonal if you don't have
      any 2" eyepieces. A couple of things to consider are that 2" diagonals are
      generally higher optical quality than 1.25" models and that almost all 2"
      diagonals have a compression ring that holds the eyepieces better than just
      set screws.

      Regarding dew straps, the eye lens is rather large so if you have a
      significant dew problem in your area you will need one. The diameter of the
      eyepiece is a bit less than 60mm.

      Best regards,
      Mike Swanson
      Author of "The NexStar User's Guide"