Re: [BYMSMworkgroup] Digest Number 168

  • a125th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Robert,

      I am so glad to hear that you are ok.  I was worried about my sistas in New Orleans.  I have recieved calls from friends who want to help but do not know how.  Most of them do not feel comfortable with the red cross and those types of organizations, when you get situated, do think you can provide some information as to how we can help like clothes or money.

      Group we are all seing the devestation, now more then ever i am convinced that we have the opportunity to directly assit our brotha and sistas (in the struggle or not) in the South.  I am wondering, if we can send used clothing, tolietries, or whatever to a central place so that our communit can have direct access to it.  What do folks think?

      Adolph

                 From: rswayzer@...
            2. Re: Checking in
                 From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>
            3. Re: Checking in
                 From: A L Forbes Consulting Services <alforbescs@...>
            4. Re: Checking in
                 From: rswayzer@...
            5. FYI
                 From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>

      Message: 1
         Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:06:16 EDT
         From: rswayzer@...
      Subject: Re: Checking in

      In the words of the Shunnamite (sp) woman...It is well!  I am in North
      Louisiana at my mother's house safe and sound.  There has not been much
      information
      released about Slidell where I reside, which actually lets me know that they
      situation there is pretty bad since the reporters can't get there to show
      footage.  It is rumored that there is extensive flood damage there caused by the

      storm surge and that Lake Pontchatrain has overflowed its banks.  Thomas
      Franklin and his family were fine that last time I talked with them which was
      about
      11:00 AM yesterday.  It is difficult to place calls to the 504 area code.  Don
      and his family evacuated to Breaux Bridge, which is located outside of
      Lafayette.  I also spoke with Mark who remained in the city and he is doing okay
      too.
      Please continue to pray for all of these impacted by Hurricane Katrina.

      In a message dated 8/30/2005 9:50:35 AM Central Standard Time,
      No I haven't. We should try to get in touch with Robert and Ron and them.
         Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:40:25 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
         From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>

      Prayers to those impacted by Katrina. HHunter

      Has anyone heard from the folks in New Orleans?

      In the fight against AIDS,
      Robert Swayzer III, MPH, CHES
      Deputy Director
      Brotherhood, Incorporated
      1661 Canal Street, Ste. 3230
      New Orleans, LA 70112
      PHONE:  504-620-0711 (direct) 504-566-7955, ext. 211
      FAX: 504-566-7956
      EMAIL:  rswayzer@...

      "Clarity is our friend, communication is our partner, and confusion is the
      enemy."

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

       Visit your group "BYMSMworkgroup" on the web.

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
         Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:09:46 -0700 (PDT)
         From: A L Forbes Consulting Services <alforbescs@...>

      Thanks for the updates!  My thoughts and payers are with you and the Brotherhood
      Inc. family.
      Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you and or the agency.

      Peace and Blessings!

      No I haven't. We should try to get in touch with Robert and Ron and them.
      Has anyone heard from the folks in New Orleans?

      In the fight against AIDS,
      Robert Swayzer III, MPH, CHES
      Deputy Director
      Brotherhood, Incorporated
      1661 Canal Street, Ste. 3230
      New Orleans, LA 70112
      PHONE:  504-620-0711 (direct) 504-566-7955, ext. 211
      FAX: 504-566-7956
      EMAIL:  rswayzer@...

      "Clarity is our friend, communication is our partner, and confusion is the
      enemy."

      ---------------------------------

      Dare to dream the impossible dream.  Vision the possibilities!

      A.L Forbes Consulting Services
      P.O. Box 961415
      Boston, MA 02196
      (office) 617-427-0767
      (Cell)   646-729-5136

      Visit www.alforbesconsulting.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 4
         Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:12:18 EDT
         From: rswayzer@...

      Thanks Al.

      In a message dated 8/30/2005 12:11:51 PM Central Standard Time,
      alforbescs@... writes:
      Thanks for the updates!  My thoughts and payers are with you and the
      Brotherhood Inc. family.
      Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you and or the agency.

      Peace and Blessings!

      In the fight against AIDS,
      Robert Swayzer III, MPH, CHES
      Deputy Director
      Brotherhood, Incorporated
      1661 Canal Street, Ste. 3230
      New Orleans, LA 70112
      PHONE:  504-620-0711 (direct) 504-566-7955, ext. 211
      FAX: 504-566-7956
      EMAIL:  rswayzer@...

      "Clarity is our friend, communication is our partner, and confusion is the
      enemy."

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
         Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:45:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
         From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>
      Subject: FYI

       Farrakhan invites black gays to D.C. march
      The National Black Justice Coalition, the largest black gay civil rights
      organization in the U.S., has received an official invitation from Nation of
      Islam leader Louis Farrakhan to take part in the Oct. 15 Millions More
      Movement rally in Washington, D.C. The Coalition had petitioned for
      inclusion in the event for months, and was supported by calls and letters
      from straight allies including longtime civil rights leader Julian Bond, D.C
       Congressional Delegate Eleanor Holmes North, and D.C. Mayor Anthony
      Williams.   New York Blade (8/30)

      Community Service Network, Inc.
      600 S. Magnolia Avenue Suite 107-A
      Dunn, North Carolina 28334
      (910) 892-8128 Fax (910) 892-8136
      Toll Free 1-866-509-2863
      "Taking the extra step to lend a hand"
          Individuals, Families, Communities
            www.CommunityServiceNet.org

      This document and/or its attachments may contain sensitive information
      that requires protection under federal or state law.  If you are an
      authorized recipient of such information, you are required to protect it
      in a safe, secure and confidential manner.

      disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the
      contents of those documents is strictly prohibited.  You are requested
      to notify the sender immediately, delete the email with any accompanying
      attachments, and destroy any copies you may have made.

      [This message contained attachments]

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • A L Forbes Consulting Services

                   From: rswayzer@...
              2. Re: Checking in
                   From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>
              3. Re: Checking in
                   From: A L Forbes Consulting Services <alforbescs@...>
              4. Re: Checking in
                   From: rswayzer@...
              5. FYI
                   From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>

        Message: 1

           Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:40:25 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
           From: "Community Service Network, Inc." <csn@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
          I applaud Adolph's desire, which I share, to be of assistance. If
          people aren't comfortable with the "mainstream" organizations, which I
          can understand, I think we should consider this: there are THOUSANDS
          of REFUGEES of Katrina (more like 100s of thousands!) – people who will
          NEVER be able to return home, or who will likely be better off
          relocating elsewhere and getting on with their lives rather than
          waiting to return, to what?
          Those of us who have available positions and the other resources
          required should consider providing refugee(s) whom we know in this work
          with a chance to make a new start. New Orleans is being totally
          evacuated, along with the other devastated communities along the gulf.
          It will be YEARS before things return to any semblance of "normalcy"
          and I believe we need to see how many of "our" refugees, including
          clients, we can help relocate in the meantime.
          al cunningham
          newark, nj

          On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 08:46 AM, a125th@... wrote:

          > Robert,
          >
          > I am so glad to hear that you are ok.  I was worried about my sistas
          > in New Orleans.  I have recieved calls from friends who want to help
          > but do not know how.  Most of them do not feel comfortable with the
          > red cross and those types of organizations, when you get situated, do
          > think you can provide some information as to how we can help like
          > clothes or money.
          >
          > Group we are all seing the devestation, now more then ever i am
          > convinced that we have the opportunity to directly assit our brotha
          > and sistas (in the struggle or not) in the South.  I am wondering, if
          > we can send used clothing, tolietries, or whatever to a central place
          > so that our communit can have direct access to it.  What do folks
          > think?
          >
          > Adolph

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>