FW: [BYPPHNETWORK] FW: National Minority AIDS Training June 7

  • Kevin Bynes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      April 26, 2005

      June 1, 2005

      The National Minority AIDS Education and Training Center (NMAETC)

      to hold HIV/AIDS training and technical assistance meeting.

      The National Minority AIDS Education and Training Center (NMAETC), will host a meeting in conjunction with Congresswoman Donna Christensen on Capitol Hill on June 7 at 2:30 pm and we would be honored if you attended.  The meeting will be held in the U.S. Capitol Room HC-6.  As you may know, NMAETC is the national program funded by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) to provide HIV/AIDS training and technical assistance to minority health care professionals and service organizations.  NMAETC is committed to working aggressively with Congressional leaders to stop the spread of this deadly virus.  We understand this can only be accomplished in communities of color if we develop and implement strategies which use our collective resources and wisdom.

      We would like your assistance in protecting the lives of the citizens in your district and want to invite you to join us as we share our mobilization plans for the remaining year.   We are activating a network of committed minority and minority-serving health professionals; medical institutions; and social service agencies that will assist us in discreetly screening our constituencies for the HIV virus.  We need your assistance in motivating the media, and civic, social, fraternal and faith-based organizations to help us accomplish this goal.   It is our plan to co-host kick-off events in each of your Congressional districts during the next 6 to 8 weeks.

      NMAETC program staff from around the nation will be meeting at Gallaudet University , Kellogg Conference Center , 800 Florida Avenue NE , Washington , DC from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm , June 6-8, 2005 .  We would like to join you on the hill on June 7 because it will be an excellent opportunity for the staff to greet their congressional office representatives.  Please contact our program manager, Marilyn Johnson, on (202) 865-3372 to confirm your attendance.

      Thank you your continued support!

      Sincerely,

      Dr. Goulda Downer

      Goulda Downer, Ph.D., RD.

      Co-Principal Investigator/

      Project Director

      The NETWORK-Black Young Professionals' Public Health Network, Inc.
      was established to promote, through electronic media, career networking and
      the professional development of junior-level African Americans in the
      American Public Health Association and in the public health field.

      Community e-mail address:

      Post message: BYPPHNETWORK@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe:    BYPPHNETWORK-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Web Page:     http://www.bypphn.org

      To subscribe or un-subscribe send an e-mail to the address
      specified above with the word "subscribe" or "unsubscribe"
      in the subject line.

      The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any further disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception or disclosure of this e-mail violates federal criminal law. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately.