2014 National AA MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and Health Disparities

  • rcarn8aesm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2013

                                                 Contact:  Adolph St Arromand – 404-691-8880

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      Monday, June 3, 2013

      Call for Abstracts

      for the 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities in Orlando, Florida

       Atlanta, GeorgiaThe conference planning committee for the 11th annual National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities have officially launch the call for the submission of abstracts, posters, institutes and workshops to be presented at the 2014 Conference.  The abstract submission application contains all the pertinent information for submittal of abstracts for workshops, institutes and poster presentations that can be access online at www.naesm.org. Also, you may click on the following link to access the abstract submission form.

      Online Abstract Submission Application

      Completed abstracts must be submitted online via link for online submission.  Submissions must be submitted via online by 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST on October 31, 2013.

      This year’s conference will explore and cause conversation on a plethora of HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities subject matters important to us and for us in the struggle to understand, share and to provide a foot path to sustain focus for our brothers on what’s important now as we move forward engaging the theme “’Black is, Black Ain’t’: Celebrating Our Blackness by Living Healthy,”; which explores the idea that Black gay men should celebrate our Blackness by living healthy and, enjoying a fulfilling life.

      Six track topics will be offered in 2014:

      Track 1: Executive Directors/Board Development

      This track will help Executive Directors and Board members to develop skills, identify resources, network, and identify best practices that support community-based, health service organizations or social justice agencies.

      Track 2: Prevention Programs, Community Planning, UCHAPS, 12 City Projects, and Research within Black MSM communities.

      Participants will learn about the effective program planning and how to strengthen African American parity, inclusion, and representation in the Community Planning process, the 12 City Projects, UCHAPS and Research with Black MSM community.

      Track 3: HIV, STD and other Health Disparities

      This track will focus on health disparities and their impact on African American MSM’s health, as well as effective care strategies.

      Track 4: Advocacy, Community Mobilization and Awareness

      This track will address the development, sustainability, and accessibility of effective health promotion services, interventions, and programs, including those that target social justice issues.

      Track 5: Youth and Young Adults

      This track will address issues and matters that focus on youth and young adults (29 years or younger).

      Track 6: Special Interests

      This track will focus on topics that address other health disparity issues, either directly or indirectly, that can help remove health burdens from the community, increase self efficacy, or have a general interest in the African American MSM community.

      The 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities is slated for January 16 - 19, 2014 at the Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena South Vista Hotel located at 4955 Kyngs Heath Road, Kissimmee, Florida.

      -End-

      Thank you for helping remove HIV/AIDS and other health disparities from the African American community.

      Rudolph H. Carn
      Founder & CEO
      NAESM, Inc. - Headquarters
      2140 Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr.
      Atlanta, GA 30310
      Telephone: [404] 691-8880
      Fax: [404] 691-8811
      E-mail: naesm_ceo@...
      Website: www.naesm.org

      Please Do you really need to print this e-mail ?

      The 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities will be in Orlando, FLfrom January 16- 19, 2014. The conference will be held at the Embassy Suites, Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, located at 4955 Kyng's Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL. Toll Free number is 1-800-551-1841. For more info visit our Website at www.naesm.org. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando, FL in 2014,

      "You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise."

      "Jealousy is what keeps you from being better than the person whom you envy."

      Disclaimer: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or coping of this e-mail, and any attachment thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and printout thereof.